Hello everyone! I feel like I kinda missed the boat on this one, as I always see these posts in the summer. However, I am actually going on holiday in October this year, so I thought I would share with you the things I couldn’t leave the country without!
- Sun-cream – I burn so so easily, and even if I didn’t I would still take a high factor sun-cream. I think there are so many warnings these days you must be stupid to not use any sun-cream. I normally use factor 50 in the summer, but at this time of year I can use 30.
- Moisturiser – My face always dries out when I’ve been in the sun, even though it’s normally in the shade when I sunbathe.
- Scrub and body butter – I always love to scrub my skin while I’m away to get rid of any dead skin and help my tan. I then follow up with a body butter to stop my skin drying out.
- Lip balm – To stop my lips drying out, I always take a lip balm with me. The Carmex one is perfect as it has SPF in it for extra protection.
- Waterproof mascara – let’s face it, who wants to have a dip in the pool and come out looking like a panda? I always take a waterproof mascara on holiday.
- Bronzer – As I don’t put face in the sun when I sunbathe, my face never quite matches up with the rest of my body (not that I tan too well), so having a bronzer with me helps to even it out throughout the trip.
- Hand wipes – I am a big lover of eating a picnic lunch on the beach or round the pool, so anti bacterial wipes always come in handy to use before eating.
- Book – I always take a book with me, it’s the only time of year I actually read! This year I’m taking David Attenborough’s book, which I started a while ago but haven’t had chance to read properly.
- Top trumps – I LOVE Top Trumps. It takes me back to my childhood holidays where we would sit on the balcony and play it before bed or over lunchtime when it was too hot to be out. I always make sure to take some with me in case of any adverse weather or boredom!
- Headphones – I always need headphones when I’m round the pool as I love to listen to music.
What are your holiday essentials? Let me know in the comments!
Until next time.