Hey everyone. I don’t know about you, but at this time I just get in the baking mood! Anyone else? I decided to try a recipe I’ve never tried before and chose to make gingerbread cupcakes!
- 115g plain flour
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 3/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3/4 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 4 tbsp milk
- 85g butter
- 70g soft dark brown sugar
- 2 tbsp black treacle (I used golden syrup)
- 2 medium free range eggs
- 1 tub buttercream icing (you can make your own but I couldn’t be doing with that!)
- Preheat oven to 160° C and line your cupcake tray with your chosen cases
- Sift the flour, ground ginger and cinnamon together into a bowl
- In another bowl, mix the bicarbonate of soda in the milk until it is dissolved
- Using another bowl, place the butter and sugar and beat together until light and fluffy
- Into the butter mixture, beat in the treacle and mix in the eggs, then the flour mixture, and then the milk mixture.
- Spoon the mixture into the paper cases, place in the oven and cook for 20 minutes until golden and risen.
- Leave to cool and decorate how you wish!
Until next time.
How to make the most amazing nutty vegan brownies!
Dark chocolate and orange cornflake cakes!
These look delicious. I love gingerbread especially at this time of the year and these would be a wonderful treat to have over Christmas!
These are so cute! And I bet they taste amazing
These are so cute! I love that this recipe seems straight forward because I’m not a very experienced baker. I’ll have to keep these in mind for maybe my work Christmas dinner!
I don’t think I ever tried Gingerbread cupcakes. I know I would love this recipe. I can see me and my husband fighting over these cupcakes.
I never used to be much of a Gingerbread fan but lately it seems like I’m having it with everything aha! These look so cute and tasty might have to try this with my little bro this weekend 🙂
New blog follower here too! Awww these 🧁 are too cute! My mom is a huge fan of gingerbread, especially around Christmas time🎄⛄ I like the cupcake for ginger instead cookies, gonna have to make this recipe 👏🏾💕
Natonya | https://justnatonya.wordpress.com
These are the cutest little cup cakes. Cup cakes are actually the only thong I can really bake so I’ll definitely give these a try. I love the little gingerbread men on top! X
These look amazing! I love gingerbread!
This looks delicious! Is the little gingerbread on top just made up of buttercream icing? Also, is bicarbonate of soda just baking soda?
These look delicious! I definitely need to give these a go for Christmas! xoxo
These look so good! So Christmassy! X
Fab recipe. I love baking too so I’ll bookmark this for when I next have the time to make some cupcakes. Thanks 🙂
Lovely looking cupcakes 🙂
Nic | Nic’s Adventures & Bakes
These sound great! I think I will make them this weekend if I can find golden syrup (my local store usually has it in the British aisle). Yum!
These look so cute. I’m a horrible baker, but I’ll definitely show this to someone in my family that’s good at baking!
I love baking cupcakes & these sound delicious & perfect for the season!
These look delicious and perfect for autumn – I love gingerbread!
Serena / http://www.ramblingsofanotherunigraduate.com
They look absolutely delicious.
Such a cute recipe and perfect for the upcoming months! I love the little gingerbread men on top too!
My nan loved decorating gingerbread men, so I think this would be a great thing to do in memory for her! Thank you
before my nan passed we use to decorate gingerbread men with her, it was her favourite thing to do so this would be perfect to do in her memory!
I am all about the gingerbread from September to the 25th December! I might have to give these a go, perfect with my gingerbread latte x x