I feel like everyone seems to be baking at the moment – particularly banana bread. I think it’s because it’s such an easy thing to bake, it doesn’t require many ingredients, and it tastes amazing! It’s also a handy way of using up any bananas that are going manky!
I’ve shared with you a few of my favourite sweet recipes so far on this blog (gingerbread cupcakes, vegan brownies and dark chocolate & orange cornflake cakes), so I thought it’s about time I shared another recipe with you all! This one is a double chocolate banana bread that I came across on Facebook, however I have found the original poster here, so make sure you go and check it out!
- 75g softened butter
- 75g brown sugar
- 37.5g white sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 medium bananas (mashed)
- 59ml sour cream
- 150g plain flour
- 75g cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 150g milk chocolate chips
How to make it:
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C. Spray or grease your loaf tin – we used frylight spray.
- Add the butter and sugars to a mixing bowl and mix until well combined. (Use an electric whisk – you’ll thank yourself later)!
- Whisk in the egg, vanilla, banana, and sour cream.
- Stir in the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Pour the mixture into the loaf tin, and sprinkle the top with chocolate chips, gently pressing them in.
- Bake for 70 minutes or until a tester comes out clean. If you under bake this, the centre will sink when it’s cooled.
- Let bread cool completely before cutting and serving.
This is one of the best banana breads I have tasted! Again, I can’t take credit for this as it’s not my original recipe, so make sure you go and give the original poster some love!
Let me know if you try making this and how it turns out!
Until next time.
Looks so yummy, you’re so good at baking I’m horrible haha x
This looks divine!
Looks very yummy
Looks amazing! I am a big fan of quick breads 🙂
Looks delicious I’ll definitely give that a go. My family will love it!
This looks delicious!
Yum, this looks absolutely delicious! Probably worth breaking my diet for. ;). Thanks for sharing!