This includes a paid promotion.
Hello everyone, welcome back to the blog! It’s cold, it’s dark, and lets face it – miserable! I don’t know about you, but I am not a fan of this time of year (apart from it being Christmas)!
I always find it so much more of an effort to come home after work and start cooking anything complicated – I just want to get cosy. But I have recently discovered a game changer.
I’ve teamed up with schwartz to show you how to make a really easy, effortless and delicious chicken casserole, perfect for this time of year! I am actually vegetarian, so I decided to share a vegetarian version of this, but you can use real chicken if you’d prefer.
I followed the suggested recipe on the back of the packet, obviously using chicken substitute instead of real meat, and it turned out to be amazing!
You will need:
- 1 tbs oil
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 2 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 4 Quorn chicken fillets (skinless chicken breasts)
- 300ml cold water
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees Celsius/ gas mark 4.
- Soften the carrots and onions in a frying pan, using a bit of oil, for around 5 minutes. If using meat, add this to the frying pan for a couple minutes on each side.
- Transfer the chicken and veg into a casserole dish.
- Into a jug, measure out 300ml of water and mix in the sachet contents. Pour this into the casserole dish with your other ingredients and give a stir.
- Cover and put into the oven for 1 hour.
I paired this with rice but it would be equally as nice with mash.
I highly recommend the Schwartz packet mixes, and I can’t wait to try some more in the future! This was a really easy way of making a delicious meal without loads of effort. You can pick them up here, and definitely check out their website for more information!
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I did – let me know in the comments if you’ve tried any of the schwartz packet mixes and any you recommend!
Until next time.