Hi everyone! It’ll soon be veganuary, and whether you’re taking part or not, I have some amazing recipes to share with you! These are courtesy of Holy Moly Dips.
A lot of us have been lucky enough to be off over the holidays, but as we start to return to work, preparation is key. These delicious vegan treats would be perfect to make in advance to take to work as a little January pick-me-up!
Fudgy Chocolate Avocado Brownies
- 120g Holy Moly Smashed Avocado
- 240ml plant-based milk
- 70g maple syrup
- 50g coconut sugar
- 150g plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 55g cacao powder
- 1 tsp espresso powder
- Pinch of salt
- 60g chocolate chips/chunks (dairy free or dark)
- Preheat the oven to 160Fan/180*C and line a baking dish (24cm x 16cm) with parchment paper.
- Place the avocado, milk, syrup and sugar in a blender and process until smooth and creamy.
- Mix together the flour, baking powder, cacao powder, espresso powder and salt and in a large bowl.
- Pour the wet avocado mixture into the dry and stir until combined. Fold in the chocolate chips, saving a few for the top. Pour the batter into the prepared dish, smooth over the top and sprinkle over the remaining chocolate chips.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until firm to the touch in the centre.
- Allow to cool for 30 minutes before slicing and serving, they will be fudgy and delicate but firm up as they cool.
Mint Chocolate Avocado Mousse Pots
- 1 pack Pure Avocado (150g)
- 1 large banana, ripe
- 35g dark chocolate, melted (plus extra for garnish)
- 1 tbsp raw cacao powder
- 1 tbsp mint extract
- 1 tbsp plant based milk (room temperature)
- 1 tbsp maple syrup, optional
- 2 tbsp coconut yoghurt
- Melt the chocolate and add to a small food processor or blender with the Pure Avocado, banana pieces, cacao powder and mint and blend until smooth and creamy. Add the milk to thin, if necessary. Taste and add the maple syrup if desired, and add more mint if needed.
- Spoon into two small bowls, top with the coconut yoghurt, some berries and extra chopped chocolate. Enjoy straight away. Or leave in the fridge covered and add the yoghurt and toppings just before serving.
I hope you enjoyed these recipes! Let me know if you make them and if you’re taking part in veganuary this year.
Until next time.
I’m not doing veganuary myself but both of these look AMAZING! Would love to try them! x
These brownies look delicious (like it’s not vegan). Yum! Good job, Ellie! Would love to try that!
These sound incredible. I am a HUGE fan of the mint/chocolate combination, so the mousse pot sounds like it’s right up my alley! I’m definitely going to have to give that a try.
Great post! I love these recipe ideas 🙂 I think veganuary is a great way to see if you want to be vegan full-time, and I think it’s great to have a few recipes up your sleeve. Thanks for sharing Ellie x
I won’t be taking part in Veganuary but these recipes look and sound tasty! x
Lucy | http://www.lucymary.co.uk
These look so good. The brownies look so gooie.
I’ve been vegan for 3 years now and there is nothing that can’t be veganised.
Yum!! I love January for all the good vegan desserts it brings! Great ideas here. I recommend giving sweet potato brownies a go!
Wow these brownies look so good! I am ready for more veg in my life to take over from all of the Christmas cheese!
Well these sound amazing!!! I am not doing Veganuary but these do sound delicious x x
I’m not doing veganuary, but my friend can’t have dairy so these recipes would be perfect for her! Also the brownies look delicious!
These look great! I’m not doing Veganuary. However, I am eating mostly vegan now and I am always looking for new vegan recipes to try. Thanks for sharing these!
Looks delicious 🤤
I’ve been told I’m missing out, because I’ve never eaten an avocado before. And to put them as an ingredient in brownies is really interesting. I’ll have a go at these because I love baking. Great photography!
Oh, those brownies look amazing! Thanks for sharing!
I love a mousse! Both these recipes sound so delicious xx
i love cooking so im gonna try it
I am not doing veganuary,m but trying to dd more vegan and veggie option in my diet, these absolutely look amazing and delish! Thanks for sharing x
Love these ideas! I’ll be sure to try a couple!