Hi everyone! It’ll soon be veganuary, and whether you’re taking part or not, I have some amazing recipes to share with you! These are courtesy of Holy Moly Dips.
A lot of us have been lucky enough to be off over the holidays, but as we start to return to work, preparation is key. These delicious vegan treats would be perfect to make in advance to take to work as a little January pick-me-up!
Fudgy Chocolate Avocado Brownies
- 120g Holy Moly Smashed Avocado
- 240ml plant-based milk
- 70g maple syrup
- 50g coconut sugar
- 150g plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 55g cacao powder
- 1 tsp espresso powder
- Pinch of salt
- 60g chocolate chips/chunks (dairy free or dark)
- Preheat the oven to 160Fan/180*C and line a baking dish (24cm x 16cm) with parchment paper.
- Place the avocado, milk, syrup and sugar in a blender and process until smooth and creamy.
- Mix together the flour, baking powder, cacao powder, espresso powder and salt and in a large bowl.
- Pour the wet avocado mixture into the dry and stir until combined. Fold in the chocolate chips, saving a few for the top. Pour the batter into the prepared dish, smooth over the top and sprinkle over the remaining chocolate chips.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until firm to the touch in the centre.
- Allow to cool for 30 minutes before slicing and serving, they will be fudgy and delicate but firm up as they cool.
Mint Chocolate Avocado Mousse Pots
- 1 pack Pure Avocado (150g)
- 1 large banana, ripe
- 35g dark chocolate, melted (plus extra for garnish)
- 1 tbsp raw cacao powder
- 1 tbsp mint extract
- 1 tbsp plant based milk (room temperature)
- 1 tbsp maple syrup, optional
- 2 tbsp coconut yoghurt
- Melt the chocolate and add to a small food processor or blender with the Pure Avocado, banana pieces, cacao powder and mint and blend until smooth and creamy. Add the milk to thin, if necessary. Taste and add the maple syrup if desired, and add more mint if needed.
- Spoon into two small bowls, top with the coconut yoghurt, some berries and extra chopped chocolate. Enjoy straight away. Or leave in the fridge covered and add the yoghurt and toppings just before serving.
I hope you enjoyed these recipes! Let me know if you make them and if you’re taking part in veganuary this year.
Until next time.