It’s day 25 of Blogtober, and following on from my Halloween treats post, I thought I would share another fun Halloween recipe. This time it’s eyeball cakepops! These are a really cute thing to have a a party, or to make with the kids as there’s lots of squashing of cake to do. They’ll also have fun decorating too and they can make whatever creepy eyeball designs they’d like.
As with some of the previous recipes, I found this one on BBC food website. I love this site for all kinds of recipes, there’s literally everything on there!
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 100g/4oz madeira cake
- 100g Oreo cookie
- 100g Milk chocolate, melted
- 200g White chocolate, melted
- Icing pens
- 10 Wooden skewers
And this is what you do:
- Break the Madeira cake and cookies into the bowl of a food processor, pour in the melted milk chocolate and whizz to combine.
- Tip the mixture into a bowl, then use your hands to roll into about 10 walnut-sized balls. Chill in the fridge for 2 hours until really firm.
- Push a skewer into each ball, then carefully spoon the melted white chocolate over the cake balls to completely cover. Chill again until the chocolate has set.
- Decorate with a spooky eyeball design.
These couldn’t be more simple to make! I know kids will have a lot of fun doing this, and it’s something a little bit different for the party table!
Until next time.