This post contains items gifted for review. All opinions are my own and I would never promote a product I didn’t genuinely love.
If you know me, you’ll know that I love trying out new skincare products. I’m always looking to mix up my skincare routine, so whenever a skincare brand gets in touch I get very excited!
Dr A Cosmetics recently reached out to me to ask if I wanted to try out a few bits, so obviously I said yes. I really wanted to share my thoughts on them and how I got on, so if you’re interested in learning more, keep reading!
A little about the brand
Award winning Doctor Anika combines her knowledge of healthcare with skincare to provide some of the best formulations and ingredients for your skin. This brand is focussed on using ethically sourced and sustainable ingredients, which are vegan, clean and contain no unnecessary chemicals. They are also committed to using recylable materials such as glass, aluminium and bamboo, and reducing plastic waste as much as possible. The thing I love best about this company is how committed they are to working towards a more inclusive society. Regardless of colour, gender, body shape, race, identity, background they promise to make everyone be heard and seen.
Doctor A Vitamin C Brightening Moisturiser
This is a fragrance free moisturiser that aims to brighten the skin. It is filled with powerful antioxidants and vitamins and claims to protect against pollution damage, reduce pigmentation and scarring, as well as even out skin tone. Some key ingredients include:
- Vitamin C – Brightens skin tone, treats pigmentation, promotes collagen production.
- Squalane – Hydrates, softens, helps regulate natural oil production.
- Vitamin E – Moisturises, helps to heal, helps protects against UV damage.
- Vitamin A – Treats signs of aging, stimulates natural collagen production.
- Glycerin – retains skin moisture, relieves dryness.
- Plant Extracts – retains skin moisture, relieves dryness.
Doctor A Intensely Exotic Night Repair Moisturiser
This is an alcohol free, hand made moisturiser perfect for night-time. It helps to heal and restore your skin while you sleep to reveal a healthy, supple glow. It has a range of fab ingredients:
- Squalane – hydrates, keeps the skin youthful, helps to regulate natural oil production.
- Hyaluronic Acid – hydrates, helps to minimise fine lines.
- Grapeseed Oil – soothes, helps to treat breakouts, increases moisture.
- Mango Butter – Soothes acne inflammations, nourishes, anti-bacterial properties.
- Red Raspberry Oil – improves elasticity, replenishes the skin, moisturises.
- Plant Powder – brightens and revitalises the skin
Doctor A 24k Gold Royalty Treatment
This is an all natural, hand made treatment designed to give you the glow of the stars. It claims to leave your skin looking healthy, younger, and give an overall improvement in your complexion. It contains anti-aging properties and can be used on acne scarring, pigmentation, fine lines and stretch marks. It can be used as stretch mark oil too. Some ingredients are:
- Argan oil – prevents premature ageing, soothes redness, protects against sun damage.
- Coconut oil – heals the skin, helps with dehydrated skin, contains anti-microbial properties.
- Castor oil – clarifies, anti-bacterial properties, replenishes the skin.
- Rosehip oil – treats signs of aging, treats scarring and stretch marks, encourages collagen production.
- Bergamot oil – helps to unclog pores, balances sebum level, calming for the skin.
- Real 24K Carat Gold Leaf – prevents pre-mature ageing, slows down collagen depletion, gives your skin a luminous glow.
How I got on
First of all I wanted to mention how beautiful the packaging is. Each box is made up to look like a butterfly which I think is just such a lovely touch. The vitamin C moisturiser is really nice, a lovely thick consistancy and I noticed my skin was incredibly soft after just the first use. It leaves my skin very slightly tacky which actually works really nicely under my makeup, and once it’s all absorbed into the skin I’ve noticed it leaves a lovely glow. I haven’t used it long enough to see the long-term effects but I have already noticed my skin tone looks a lot more even and any scarring seems to be less harsh in appearance.
Onto the night-time moisturiser, and I have to say this is such a beautiful product to use. It’s got a gorgeous botanical scent to it and feels a lot more like a balm than a cream, melting down to leave an oil-like finish on the skin. So far I’ve found it to be incredibly moisturising and I wake up with such fresh feeling skin.
The oil treatment does exactly what it says on the bottle – it gives the skin an incredible glow. This is such a beautiful product which I’ve found myself using in so many different ways. I’ve used it at night for an over-night treatment which is my favourite way to use it, but I’ve also used it as a primer under makeup, as a lip mask to hydrate my lips after being out in the sun alot, and I’ve also discovered mixing a tiny bit in with my foundation gives me an amazing glow. I really love this product and it really feels like a luxury facial oil.
I am honestly so impressed with these products and they way they leave my skin feeling and looking. I’d 100% repurchase these in the future and I’d recommend them to anyone looking for that summer glow!
Have you tried any of these products yet? Let me know if you do and what you think of them!
Until next time.
Leave a Reply